Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The wargamer's spring

Spring weather is starting to settle in here in Japan now and it is my favourite season of the wargaming year - prep time!  This not-at-all-onerous process involves sitting down in a cramped airless space to cut and file excess lead off a huge pile of figures, then to wash them - making sure that those which require horses can sit upon them fairly comfortably and that those which require shields and weapons affixed have them so affixed - and finally to put them on strips of cardboard in readiness for spray undercoating when I can get some time and good weather.

So far I've cleaned and prepped a hundred Xyston Spartans, a hundred Old Glory Persian archers and slingers, a hundred more Strategia e Tattica Romans, twenty-odd horse archers from OG and Essex, and there are a number of large boxes and full carry-cases to go. 

Well, it's the price we pay for buying so many figures throughout the better part of the year, I suppose :)

It little profits that an idle hand
At this grey desk, among these loaded shelves,
Matched with an aged knife, I cut and carve
Unequal lengths out of a leaden race,
That bend, and break, and fall, and know not me....

(with apologies to Alfred, Lord Tennyson)

1 comment:

  1. There's a task that awaits me, though here it's moving into autumn. I'm not sure how much time I'll have for it either, though I'd like to get at least my Seluecid DBA army finished (a couple of mounted elements is hardly a stretch).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...