Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Horse archers

Here are some shots of some recently completed Old Glory 15mm horse archers.  I primed them with gesso, which I found obscured some of the detail.  This is particularly noticeable in the faces, so I should probably have given one or two of them an extra wash to bring out the features a bit better.  Oh well, you don't really notice until you do a close up camera shot, I suppose!

As usual with Old Glory, the figures were pretty easy to paint up.  I have another 16 of these fellows to do and 4 more reinforcements from Essex coming in so that I'll have enough to do the Lost Battles Carrhae scenario.  Hopefully I can get away with passing these fellows off as Parthians for an evening...  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...