Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

More Romans - this time of the Marian variety

Well, I have begun another big project: rebasing and touching up 380-odd painted Marian Romans I picked up from ebay a few weeks ago.  I've just now finished removing them from their bases and scrubbing off the flock which had attached itself to some places that it shouldn't have. 

I'm very pleased with how they're looking so far.  The tedious part of the painting has already been done for me, so I've just got the good stuff to do: standardising shields and tunics, touching up the flesh and adding the odd highlight. 

The idea of being able to refight Pharsalus some time in the not-too-distant future is becoming quietly appealing...

4 comments:

  1. I fancy Pharsalus too! If you do manage it, let us know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. rebasing 380 romans!! Blimey! I look forward to seeing them finished
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love retouching/improving old figures. I hope they turn out nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gents; they certainly make for a large pile of troops, and I'll be sure to let you know when were ready for Pharsalus, Caliban :)

    BRB - It was seeing the impressive results of your restorative work that made me decide to bid on these ones, in fact. Mine won't look anywhere near as good as yours though, I can tell you that right now!

    Cheers,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...