Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Gifts from abroad

There was a lovely surprise that came with the postman today - a package from Mr. Hunt, all round good guy and blogger of Dulce et Decorum renown.

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned here that an army I'd thought was finished was probably going to need a few extra reinforcements. Mr. Hunt very kindly got in touch, asked for my address, and has now sent me some 15mm Saxons to make up the numbers.

They are just the ticket: a nice variety of animated poses, and they will work very well as hero figures for my Saxon and Viking armies for Simon Miller's To the Strongest rules.


It was a very nice gesture, and I have a feeling that these are going to get a lot of table time.

Thank you Mr. Hunt!

6 comments:

  1. Good people, the blogosphere and Saxons - a good first post for me to open my session with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gents - a good day all round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine gesture that of course demands paint be applied promptly! :-)
    All the better that they will some use with To the Strongest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad they've found a good home and I look forward to seeing them step up to the battle line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed - they have jumped to the head of the painting queue!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...