Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Game day upcoming

There's been an unexpected treat this week. A public holiday tomorrow and some hurried communication with Luke and Pat has seen a game of Naval Thunder organised up at Luke's new pad in Hyogo. In preparation I've just finished applying magnetic backing to all my recently painted ships, stowed them into a biscuit tin, rummaged through my board game collection to find d10s, and worked out the various trains I need to catch to get there at a time which will allow us a decent amount of gaming.

After all that it's 2:45am and I'm enjoying the chance to have a quiet whiskey and dry before bed.


It's been a long time since I've been up to Luke's. It's probably two, even three years. I think the last time was for an epic game of Modern Spearhead, so it should be great fun. I must confess though to not particularly looking forward to 3hrs 30mins on trains and buses each way! 

Once I see where he is I think in future I might drive up!

6 comments:

  1. Committing to a seven hour RT journey is dedication. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy. what a great way to store your ships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the day Aaron. Quite a journey to take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done, Aaron. Also, I don't feel so guilty as I'm nursing some red wine and it's still only a quarter to midnight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo made me think of Inception, for some reason ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks gents, it was a very eventful day, and some great gaming was had!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...