Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Monday, October 23, 2017

WIP: Ships and terrain

The weekend has seen a couple of terrain items finished, some new 1/3000 ship packs bought, and a few Navwar models varnished.

The new camps, enclosures and pond should do the trick, I hope.



I'd been meaning to pick up the last three Fujimi 1/3000 model expansion kits and finally did so. Unfortunately, most of the shops double up with those in the packs I already have, so that's a slight disappointment.

It's my own fault: I suspected this already, but rather than fiddle about trying to read the kanji in the shop, I just bought them anyway.

I can use the destroyers of course, but there are only so many Yamatos, Musashis, Akagis, Kagas and Nagatos a man needs. The good thing is that I can use the extras to experiment with painting. I find plastic models harder to paint than metal ones, so I might well end up being grateful for getting a second go!


Hopefully there will be a few more finished 1/3000 models to game with in the near future.


10 comments:

  1. The camps and enclosures look very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your job on the enclosure is great, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I forgot to add, with the extras, you can always make "damaged" ships. Shave off a bit of one side to give them a list, for example, and have an oil slick coming out the rear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking terrain. Models look cool too. I may try to get some too...1/3000th sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking terrain. Models look cool too. I may try to get some too...1/3000th sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...