Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Delving into the lead pile.

After work this afternoon my lovely wife told me to go hide away in the hobby room for a while and have some time to myself.

With a game approaching in a couple of weeks and realising (not for the first or likely the last time in my life) that I don't have as many phalangites painted up for it as I'd like, I pulled out a storage box or two and took to the contents with file and glue.

Naturally, that made me think of other related lead pile denizens. The Achaemenids came to mind. Would it be worth, I wondered, painting some of them up for Successor battles, as Redzedz did for Simon Miller and his upcoming Ipsos game?

Four hours later, the hobby room was strewn with bits and pieces.


Old Glory Persians (and Xyston, almost forgot!)....



Xyston phalangites....



Spartans...



... and Thebans.

It's nice to have a few more things prepped, but already I'm starting to think I won't get all of my unpainted material done in this lifetime!

17 comments:

  1. An impressive pile, it can be buried with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to eat what's left before I go, Fran.

      Delete
  2. You are not alone in having more unpainted lead than can be realistically painted in one life time, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.... Still, it's hard to turn down a bargain, and you never know, we might win the lottery one day and be able to send it all off to a painting service!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. As long as it doesn't turn into a white elephant!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for showing your lead pile ..... I feel so much better now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a beautiful day today too, so I got all the priming done. Brilliant result!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unpainted lead is what fuels the hobby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stuff of dreams, some of which will come to life. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had a penny for every time I realised I don't have as many phalangites painted up as I'd like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha; now, if they were chess pieces...

      Delete
    2. Ha, true...

      I've realised I have a few chess pieces that have tales behind them. Watch for up-coming posts ;-)

      Delete
    3. Will look forward to a few more tales, Nige!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...