Well, after spending last night's free time posting the battle report, I've decided that I really need to get some painting done. I have four Carthaginian chariots and eight Successor elephants to finish off. The chariots have been brown-washed, and the horses undercoated black, but I'm still trying to settle on a colour scheme for the monstrosities.
But the elephants... They've been painted, washed, dry-brushed and the hides finished. The elephants should in fact be racing around on the table by now, but like an idiot I thought it would be a good idea to bend the trunks a little to give the models a bit of individuality. If I'd done that BEFORE painting them it would have been fine! So, now I have three of the elephants with perfect hides except for their trunks, from which the paint has flaked off. I was so annoyed with myself that I put the figures in a box and haven't looked at them for three months. It has to be done, but it's going to be a right pain trying to match the colours of the flaked areas with the finished. It's made more difficult by the fact that I mixed the colours for each elephant separately to give them variation.
Anyway, that's enough grumping. This is, after all, the time to be positive...
Speaking of which, my friend in Kobe sent me a wonderful Christmas gift: a home-cast nativity set. I want to do a good job on these, and will post some pictures as things get going. I'm not a particulary good painter, so there's a little bit of trepidation at approaching 'showpiece' figures, and in a scale somewhat larger than 15mm at that.